Friday, May 15, 2009

N.A.S.A.

N.A.S.A. (North America South America) is a collaboration between American DJ Squeak E. Clean, and Brazillian DJ Zegon. They got together everyone from E-40 to Tom Waits, and threw them all together on one album. The result sounds a little bit like someone recorded a mashup in the studio. The clash of musical styles gets to be too much on some tracks, but overall I think they pulled it off. The album is called The Spirit of Apollo. Give it a listen.

You've Probably heard this one. Some of Kanye's best.

Waits on a hip hop track, while completely unexpected, works surprisingly well.

Good shit from everybody, but I wish they'd let DJ AM scratch a little bit more. 

I have no idea who the fuck Nick Zinner is, and I'm not a big fan of M.I.A. Otherwise a pretty high quality song with an interesting beat. 

No comments: